Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Season Coaching 4 Teams Ends Cold But Warm

For just a single season I've been able to glimpse the true insanity with which my older brother lived many years while coaching his 4 sons' soccer teams. These last few months I've spread myself a little thin and coached all 4 of my kids' teams, though under different pressures from my brother. All 4 of my teams are recreational teams which means limited travel (radius of about 30 miles of which we're the center point). I'm a board member which translates into having great control over when and where we play, including practices. I'm not totally insane on the game though some would beg to differ on that statement.

christmas_prep2008-11-15_12-21-49_nikon

Regardless, the season is now over, the fields are shut down for the next 2 months and it's time to relax a bit and prepare for the Spring season. We elected to not run indoor with the kids' teams and just scale back and enjoy the holidays. So 2 weekends ago we celebrated the conclusion of the season with what seemed like a wintry ending to a normally warm season.

christmas_prep2008-11-15_12-41-13_1_nikon

Despite the apparent cold, my morning ended with warm hugs and cheers as L's team completed their first season and were rewarded with trophies, a serious thing for such gigglers. It was a great start to the blustery day and a great ending to a fun season.

christmas_prep2008-11-15_13-25-27_nikon

No comments: