Monday, July 14, 2008

Gearing Up for Fall Season

It's amazing how quickly the summer flies by, especially when you're not involved continuously with grooming teams, working practices and skills and constantly out on the fields for games and monitoring. With little more than Board meetings to attend, my summer has been virtually soccer free.

That's gonna change here soon. With just over 2 weeks left of July, soccer practices will be starting with a vengeance. I have so much to accomplish in so little time. I check my building rosters this morning and to my disappointment very few have returned. This was expected of my oldest team and while disappointing, I've come to terms with it. The surprise was on the other 3 teams (yes, I'll be coaching 4 teams).

So it's time to beginning the solicitations and beefing up of the teams before I have to scramble just before the season starts.

Let the near insanity begin!

No comments: