Monday, August 25, 2008

Scheduling My Schedule

Do you ever get so busy that you have to schedule time to schedule? I'm not quite there but rather quickly approaching it. Between work projects, family life, church duties, coaching responsibilities and board duties I'm thoroughly shot on free time. Part of the reason I asked for my iPhone was to help me organize a little better and have information at my finger tips. Well, the info is there but the organization is falling short because I actually need to schedule time to schedule.

Speaking of scheduling, this next week I'll be getting teams' schedules in working order just in time to start their season in less than 2 weeks. Coaches are anxious to find out when they play and I'm sure there will be plenty of backlash once they come out as everyone has the best reason to reschedule though no one is willing to offer those up prior to the scheduling, even when requested. So I find it ironic that yet again, I'll need to to schedule time to schedule, just in a different sense.

Life when it's busy is exciting, overwhelming and thoroughly exhausting. Two things I have to be conscientious of doing when I'm in this mode are: 1) exercise to mitigate exhaustion and stress and 2) focus meaningful time with my dear wife. So dear wife, if I fail to schedule either, please do me a favor and knock me over the head with either a kiss or my running shoes; either way I'll get the point ;)

No comments: