Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Knee is Cleared: Going Braceless...Officially

Yesterday I had an appointment with my orthopedic (I had previously blogged this but my entry was somehow lost in transit). The great news is things look normal and all tests check out. I've been cleared to play without a brace so long as I am not terribly aggressive and no slide tackling. Since I'm fairly non-confrontational and wouldn't slide tackle even if I tripped in the right trajectory, I'm good.

The good news about this clearing is I'll shave off an extra couple of pounds off of my leg and add more agility to my play. I'm completely apprehensive about my ability to play without the brace and I'm very nervous about any lateral hits I may take. However, you can't live life in fear of something happening. You have to make things happen and pray for the best.

That being said, tomorrow night marks the first game I'll go braceless.

No comments: